Complaints Process (Parents)
The Football Association has advised the club that a more formal and evidence based complaints process is required in order to deal with an increasing number of vague and unsubstantiated complaints about club members.
These complaints are very difficult for club officials to act upon and there is a possibility that genuine complaints will be lost and that a significant amount of volunteer time will be distracted from running the football club by having to deal with these complaints.
The more formal process is outlined below.
- An attempt to resolve the issue without resorting to this process must have been made prior to the complaint being made.
- All complaints must be made in writing. Verbal complaints will not be addressed.
- All written complaints must sent by email to the club secretary.
- All complaints must relate to a specific incident. Generic and non-specific complaints will not be addressed.
- All complaints must be made within 14 days of the incident.
- All complaints against a manager or club official by parents must be supported by two other named parents.
- Any complaint concerning a parent made by another parent must be supported by two other parents.
- Any complaint concerning a parent made by a club official or manager must be supported by at least two other club officials, managers, or parents.
- No anonymous complaints will be addressed.
- All complaints must include details of the incident and the nature of the complaint.
- All complaints must include names and contact details of any witnesses to the incident.
- All complaints will be dealt with by members of the Club Standards Committee not involved in the complaint.
- Complaints will be dealt with by the Standards Committee within six weeks of receipt. Committee decisions will be binding.